In the world of pharmaceuticals, it’s essential to stay informed about the medications you consume. Today, we delve into Berica Tablet, an FDA-approved analgesic manufactured by Solace Pharma, designed to alleviate various forms of pain and inflammation. In this article, we’ll provide you with a thorough understanding of the Berica Tablet uses, side effects, dosage recommendations, precautions, and frequently asked questions.
What is Berica Tablet?
Berica Tablet is an over-the-counter medication that is vital in mitigating body pain, muscle pain, cramping, and joint inflammation associated with arthritis. Its active ingredient, etoricoxib, falls under the drug class of Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs). Additionally, Berica Tablet is known to provide relief from post-surgical dental pain.
- Manufactured by: Solace Pharma
- Generic: Etoricoxib
- Dosage form: Oral Tablet
- Uses: Pain and Inflammation
- Pack: 3×10
Mechanism of Action
Etoricoxib, the active component of Berica Tablet, operates as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It effectively reduces inflammation and pain by inhibiting the production of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are instrumental in various physiological processes, including pain perception, fever, and inflammation. Etoricoxib is commonly prescribed to address osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and gouty arthritis.
Berica Tablet is available in two strengths:
- Berica Tablet 60 mg
- Berica Tablet 120 mg
The cost of a Berica Tablet in Pakistan typically falls within the range of 400-450 PKR for a pack of 30 tablets. It’s worth noting that the cost or price may vary depending on the manufacturer and the tablet’s strength.
Uses of Berica Tablet
Berica Tablet serves various purposes, including:
- Reducing swelling.
- Managing pain.
- Treating inflammation.
- Relieving or preventing joint pain.
- Alleviating muscle pain.
- Managing rheumatoid arthritis.
- Treating osteoarthritis.
- Addressing different forms of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and gout. It also treat muscle and joint pain associated with arthritis.
- Easing muscle cramps is caused by factors like electrolyte imbalance, excessive exercise, poor blood circulation, diabetes, and kidney or liver diseases.
- Providing relief from moderate post-surgical dental pain, especially after procedures like tooth extraction, dental implants, root canal treatment, wisdom teeth removal, gum graft surgery, or orthognathic surgery.
How to Take Berica Tablet
Before consuming etoricoxib, it’s essential to keep these guidelines in mind:
- Take the tablet with a glass of normal-temperature water.
- Avoid crushing or chewing the tablet.
- You can take the medicine after a meal or on an empty stomach.
- The dosage of the tablet should align with your medical condition.
- Ensure you drink plenty of water after taking etoricoxib.
- Consult your healthcare provider before discontinuing NSAIDs.
The recommended dosage for Berica Tablet varies with age:
- The typical dose of Berica Tablet (60 mg) for adults and older individuals is two tablets daily.
- The recommended dose for Berica Tablet (120 mg) is one tablet daily.
- Patients with renal or liver impairment should follow their doctor’s prescription for the appropriate dosage.
Berica Tablet Side Effects
Patients may experience the following side effects after taking NSAIDs like Berica Tablet:
- Headache or dizziness.
- This medicine can cause digestive issues, including constipation, diarrhea, or heartburn.
- Skin sensitivity leads to itchiness and rashes.
These adverse effects are generally mild and tend to subside on their own. However, seek immediate medical attention if you encounter severe side effects such as chest congestion or difficulty breathing.
Warnings Associated with Berica Tablet
Before using NSAIDs like Berica Tablet, consider the following warnings:
- NSAIDs may cause drowsiness and dizziness, so avoid activities like driving or lifting heavy objects after taking this medication.
- Patients with active peptic ulcers, gastrointestinal bleeding, and hepatic or renal disorders should avoid etoricoxib.
- Individuals allergic to NSAIDs or those with inflammatory bowel disease, cardiovascular disease, and hypertension should use this brand or the medicine in this product only as a healthcare professional prescribes.
- Do not take this medication if you are allergic to NSAIDs.
- Smoking should be avoided while taking etoricoxib.
Is Berica Tablet Safe During Pregnancy?
Etoricoxib may pose risks to the fetus and should not be used during pregnancy without a doctor’s prescription. It may also affect milk production and quality, so lactating women should consult a gynecologist before taking this medication.
Berica Tablet Interactions
Etoricoxib can interact with various other medications, including:
- Other NSAIDs.
- Blood thinners.
- Anticoagulants and antiplatelet drugs.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
- ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs).
If you are taking any of these medications, consult a healthcare provider before using etoricoxib to avoid potential adverse effects on your health.
Alternatives to Berica Tablet
Berica Tablet Overdose
Overdosing on Etoricoxib may result in symptoms such as:
- Lightheadedness and drowsiness.
- Blurred vision.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Digestive issues.
Missed Dose of Berica Tablet
If you miss a dose of etoricoxib, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed one and adhere to the regular dosing schedule.
How to Store Berica Tablet
To store Etoricoxib effectively:
- Keep the medicine in its blister pack.
- Store it out of children’s reach.
- Please protect it from sunlight, heat, and moisture to maintain its potency.
- Dispose of any unused tablets in water.
- Consult a rheumatologist for a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of muscle and joint pain and inflammation with Berica.
Question: What should you know before taking Berica Tablet?
If you have a history of digestive bleeding, avoid Berica Tablet, as it can worsen your condition and increase the risk of blood vessel problems.
Question: Does Etoricoxib increase the risk of cardiac issues?
Etoricoxib may slightly elevate the risk of cardiac problems, including stroke or heart attack. Patients with heart issues should only take this drug under the guidance of a license healthcare professional.
Conclusion—Berica Tablet Uses, Side Effects, Dosage etc
Berica Tablet, with its active ingredient etoricoxib, is a valuable NSAID that effectively addresses various forms of pain and inflammation. While it relieves conditions like arthritis, muscle cramps, and dental pain, it’s crucial to use it responsibly, adhering to the recommended dosage and precautions. Always consult a healthcare provider for personalized advice if you have any concerns or medical questions. Also, read our other similar product: Danzen Ds Tablet Uses, Side Effects, Dosage and more.
Discover Berica Tablet Uses, Side Effects, Dosage, Precautions, Alternatives, and Interactions in one concise guide.
Product Brand: Berica Tablet
Product Currency: PKR
Product Price: 400-450
Product In-Stock: InStock