When it comes to our health, it’s crucial to have clear and simple information about the medications we use. In this article, we’ll break down everything you need to know about Oxidil, including what it is, who makes it, Oxidil Injection uses, dosages, precautions, and even some alternatives. Let’s have a look at this brand;
What Is Oxidil Injection?
Oxidil Injection is a medication used to treat bacterial infections. It’s like a superhero that fights off harmful bacteria in your body. But it must be known that it works only against bacterial infections, not viruses like the flu.
- Oxidil 250 MG IV/IM Injection
- Oxidil 500 MG IV/IM Injection
- Oxidil 1000 MG IM/IV Injection
- Oxidil 2000 MG IM/IV Injection
Who Makes Oxidil Injection?
Oxidil Injection is made by a company called Sami Pharma PVT LTD. They’re the ones who create this powerful medicine to help people like you.
How Does Oxidil IV 1g Injection Work?
Inside Oxidil IV Injection is a substance called Ceftriaxone. Think of it as a weapon against bacteria. This Ceftriaxone stops the bacteria from growing and causing more harm. It’s like putting a lock on a door to keep intruders out. However, it’s essential to know that Oxidil IV 1g Injection only works against bacterial infections, not viruses like the flu or common cold.
Oxidil Injection Uses
It is a broad spectrum antibiotic and can treat various bacterial infections, including:
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Bacterial meningitis
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia
- Acute otitis media (ear infections)
- Intra-abdominal infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Complicated skin and soft tissue infections (Off label)
- Bacterial endocarditis
- Gonorrhea (Off label)
- Lower respiratory infections
- Urinary tract infections
Dosages for Children and Adults
- For Adults (18 and Above): Typically, adults are prescribed based on the patient’s condition and age. You’ll get 1-2 grams per day through an intravenous infusion (IV). It’s given in one shot or split into two shots, 12 hours apart, for 4-7 days. Just follow their instructions closely for the best results.
- For Children (Below 17): Your doctor may adjust the dose based on the patient’s condition. Still, the recommended dose for the pediatric population is usually around 50 mg/kg intramuscular to 100 mg/kg for children. The maximum daily dose is 2g/day. Always talk to your doctor about the proper treatment for your child. Want to know exact dose for each infection this drug treat, please visit here.
Precautions and Specific Populations
It’s crucial to take precautions and consider specific populations when using this injection:
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using Oxidil IV 2gram or 1 gram Injection. However, it is generally considered safe to use in pregnancy.
- Liver Diseases: If you have liver problems, let your doctor know. They can adjust your treatment accordingly to ensure your safety. It is also considered safe to use during liver disease.
- Children: As mentioned earlier, this medicine is typically prescribed to adults and children but under the doctor’s supervision. Consult your doctor for suitable alternatives.
Important Warnings for Oxidil IV Injection
Here are some essential warnings to consider when using Oxidil IV 1g:
- Always use Oxidil IV under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional.
- Share your complete medical history with your doctor, especially if you have a history of intestinal problems, liver disease, colitis, gallbladder disease, stomach issues, kidney disease, or blood disorders.
- Avoid operating machinery or driving immediately after taking Oxidil IV 1g, as it may affect your alertness.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol or marijuana while using Oxidil IV 1g.
Oxidil Injection Prices
Understanding the cost of Oxidil Injection is crucial, especially since prices can vary based on the strength you need, the place where you buy and it may also change with time:
- Oxidil 1-gram Injection: Priced at 415 PKR per pack.
- Oxidil 2-gram Injection: Available at 515 PKR per pack.
- Oxidil 500-milligram Injection: Costs 245 PKR per injection.
- Oxidil 250-milligram Injection: Priced at 170 PKR per injection.
Knowing the prices for each strength helps you plan your treatment more effectively and budget accordingly.
Alternatives to Oxidil Injection
If Oxidil Injection isn’t right for you, alternatives are available in Pakistan. Some popular brands include:
- Rocephin Injection (500mg, 1 gram, and 2 grams): This is another effective antibiotic for various infections.
- Titan Injection (500mg, 1 gram, and 2 grams): Like Oxidil, Titan treats bacterial infections.
- Sulzone Injections: These are also antibiotics used to combat infections.
It’s essential to be cautious about drug interactions. Some medications may need to work better together. Always inform your doctor about all your medicines, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements. They’ll ensure your safety by checking for any potential interactions.
Essential Things to Keep in Mind
Here are some crucial things to remember when using Oxidil IV injection:
- Always follow your doctor’s advice when using Oxidil IV 1g. They know what’s best for you.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history, especially if you’ve had stomach problems, liver issues, or other health conditions.
- Avoid alcohol or marijuana when using this drug or product.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using Oxidil IV 1g. They’ll make sure it’s safe for you and your baby.
Oxidil Injection is a powerful medicine against bacterial infections manufactured by Sami Pharma PVT LTD. It treats various infections; the right dosage depends on age and condition. Remember to take precautions if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or have liver issues. If this brand isn’t suitable for you, alternatives are available in Pakistan. And always inform your doctor about all the medicines you’re taking to avoid drug interactions. Your health matters, and understanding your treatment is the first step to staying well.
Read related; Cefspan Tablet: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage & FAQs